21 December 2010

Twitter and German high school kids

I've been using Twitter for a while now and like to follow the "Trends" listed for Germany, seeing how I live here.

This evening I was astounded to see among the top 10 a hash for 'last school day' and I took a peek to see what they were saying.  Of course it's not surprising that teenagers are excited about finishing school for the holidays.  What did surprise me was that they were writing tweets about it so late at night!  At midnight!  Don't the parents know what their own children are doing so late at night?  Do they care?  Are they even in the house?

Yes, I plead guilty to being old fashioned, regressive, conservative, and somewhat advanced in the aging process.  But a little more parental guidance (I won't say 'discipline') wouldn't do any harm.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Squeaky Door by Elizabeth Chairopoulou is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.