- Active team member in the Rat Race, full time, 9-5
- Help the kids with homework
- Domestic activities (i.e. "housework")
- Feeble attempts to learn more German
- Sporadic forays into the the world of health and fitness
- Philosophising (excessively) about what is happening around me and the world at large
- Whine about the noisy neighbour in the flat above me - because silence is golden and I value the merits of domestic peace (yes, I'm getting old)
Incidentally, why "squeaky door" as a title? I'll give you a little clue. If you are familiar with Jane Austen and the domestic arrangements she had when writing her novels, then you will understand the allusion.